Tuesday, December 4, 2012

So Unreal

I used to pretend like you're there at night, pillows by my side kept my sadness at bay. I wished you were still here for just one more day.
No body heat against my skin, so I plug in a heating pad so I can feel warmth emanate from where you used to lay. But I knew it wasn't you, so it just brought back memories of what I thought I needed.
That's why it's all so unreal.
Laundry all alone, and dinner just for one. I just knew the truth and pain had just begun.
Boy, I loved you something fierce, and you threw it all away.
Still, I kept praying to GOD because I knew that soon to come was a brighter day.
Yet, all of this is so unreal.
When I pulled up at night, I still looked for your car, then I realized that you were gone and sadness would take my breath away.
Promises not kept tear away at my heart. You're no longer here... what about til death do us part?
This is so unreal.
I used to feel like this is it. My life must be over. Yet, I still am here and it's already October.
God promised me he'd handle things and surely he did.
Never did I think that you I could forgive.
And it just doesn't seem real. In fact, it's surreal.
You left me scraping the bottom of the barrel, but GOD put me back on top.
So successful at all I do, now I can't be stopped.
So, go on and leave me now. I don't need you anyways.
GOD allowed me to fall and rise back to the top just so that I could eventually say...
"Yes, all of it was real and, because of GOD, pain I no more feel."

No comments:

Post a Comment