Sunday, November 25, 2012

Untitled...

I was scared. I was shy. I was discouraged. Brokenhearted, I knew not what to do. But it's time to open back up and deal with the fact that life has ups and downs. And, yes, the downs were much harder and lasted much longer than I thought they should, but it didn't kill me, though at times I thought they would.

Now, it's time to turn my life around. I'm young. I'm intelligent. I'm getting my life together, finally letting my hair down. No more worrying about what other people will say, or how they'll look at me. I see now that I need no man to define who I am or make feel lovely, attractive or sexy. I'm me, and that's all I ever need to be.

I let my guard down and this time around, I'm shocking everyone that me surrounds and myself too. I got up this morning with a new frame of mind and decided to change my outlook on life. I held on to my pain for much too long. Afraid of what may come to be, what if's and doubts helping me to keep wounds open and hold on to strife. I couldn't even live my life.

But life's too short. Time to let go, I heard my family say that to me day after day. Today is here and tomorrow isn't promised to anyone. I didn't listen before. I declared myself a loser before I ever had the chance to say I'd won. Yes, I had to fall, but I'm better than ok and now I'm standing strong and tall.

No longer am I afraid of what for me awaits. I know who I am. I know where I am going. And I know who I'm growing to be. No longer do I live in throws of my mind's constraints. With GOD on my side, I cannot and will not fail, since he guides my feet. And with excitement and joy, I'll follow him to wherever he will direct me.

No comments:

Post a Comment